How many movies have you seen that have the lead drinking out of a hollowed out Pineapple? At least one? Maybe? Ok. Pretend with me you have seen a movie where this has happened. You do some research online because you want to do this at home.
The easiest way to do this is a special tool from the gadget store. I picked up the Pineapple Slicer & Wedger from Bed, Bath and Beyond. The tool retails for $9.99 but if you bring a 40% coupon that cuts back on some of the cost.
The tool is easy to use.
- Make sure the pineapple can stand up straight. If not, trim a bit of the stem off.
- Chop the top off.
- Slide the wedger up to the top until it clicks
- Center the tool over the pineapple and start twisting.
- Twist until you run out of tool or go to nearly the full depth of the pineapple. Take care not to cut a hole out of the bottom.
- Remove the fruit by reversing the tool up. There may be some slight suction.
- Place the tool and fruit and place on a flat surface. Then push the wedger down.
- You now have a hollowed pineapple and a pile of perfect pineapple pieces.
That is it. If you need a better demo, check out “Todd” on the BBB website.
Need a recommendation on what to fill in your pineapple. How about a Mai Tai?